This has been the perfect lockdown project and is on-going. The green oak arrived on 12/10/20 and work started on 15/10/20. All working days are being documented in this blog and comments are open so please ask any questions, or offer advice in the comments box at the end of each page or blog post. Comments are moderated so if you don’t want your comment published for everyone to see, please say so.
The Plan vs Actual
The roof pitch in the finished barn looks shallower than in the plan. However, it’s not. It’s because the pictures are taken standing on the ground looking up.
Key stage pictures
Latest blog posts
- Rear wall featherboard and glazing the front window
- Rear wall frames, window and breather paper
- Hanging the sliding doors
- Panel to Left of Door Complete – green oak barn
- Featherboards Completed for Front Right Bay – green oak barn
- Featherboards of Left Front Bay Complete – green oak barn
- Re-think on Featherboard Spacing – green oak barn
- First Featherboard Fixing – green oak barn
- Framing the Window Frame – green oak barn
- First Window Frame Fixed – green oak barn