With the wedding dining table project complete, I was able to get back to working on the barn. Today I put in the featherboards to the left of the door opening.
These boards went up very quickly as there were no braces involved.
And I was very pleased with the result. It makes a big difference having a corner of the building complete (at least from the outside).
While I was involved on the wedding dining table project, my wife found some secondhand oak doors on Facebook Market Place and we went to pick them up last week. So I finished the day by offering these up and temporarily clamping them in place to give a preview of what they are going to look like when the barn is finished. Although these doors were originally hinged, here they will be sliding. I still need to work out how best to achieve this.
Onwards and upwards.