Another part-time day today dodging showers. I started by mixing some epoxy resin to fill the hole I’d left when I started to rebuild the wall.
This was a complete failure! It all drained away. The cavity was obviously not sealed as I thought it was. I am not quite sure what to do about this at this stage. Watch this space!
I removed the front right wall panel frame and set up a platform so that I could plane off a couple of millimetres to make room for the expanding tape.
I also needed to plane a bit off the top. I raised the platform to do this.
I put the frame in place using the same technique developed here. As expected, initially, in some places, there were gaps between the frame and the green oak posts.
However, the tape soon expanded to fill these gaps. Perfect.
Next I’ll work on the left front wall panel frame before I start fitting the featherboard.